வணக்கம் - Bienvenu - Welcome to Pathirikai
Pathirikai E-Paper is a monthly online Journal for the Tamil community of Mauritius launched in October 2011 by Devarajen Venethethan, the Chief Editor. The Journal is meant to be Apolitical and Independent with a view of providing to the Tamil community of Mauritius and abroad unbiased information to enable them to take an informed decision. The journal is free and will always be because information is meant to be shared without restriction. Information are presented along the following themes and readers can go directly to their prefered theme.
The journal is interactive, and thus readers can react to each of our articles and engage in virtual discussion with other readers. As and when required, we provide a poll for our readers to vote.
What Pathirikai.com offers to you?
Pathirikai.com offers two types of services, one static and the other dynamic.
The static service is a monthly Journal which will be issued electronically in the mid of every month. Topics such as News, Personality of the Month, Culture, Language, Religion, Youth, Woman and Health Tips etc. will make up the journal. These articles will be available for one month only, during which you can read at your own leisure of your home or your office or much better from your iphone. A printable pdf version will equally be made available. These are meant for elders not having access to computers or who would rather prefer a printed journal. Please, print a copy for them so that they can relax and read pathirikai. Registered members will be informed by way of email when the journal is issued. Feel free to register on the website itself.
The dynamic service is multi-fold and the various services may be updated at any time. Being dynamic we thus invite readers to participate actively. The following are services which are made available.
· A Calendar of events keeps you updated of activities happening in Mauritius as well as other religious ceremonies as per our Panjangum.
· A Photo Album lets you post photos of for example our forefathers during their old days or any category of photo for which provision have been made for. We thus invite all readers to send to us digitized pictures of their grand-parents or earlier generations or any pictures related to the history of our ancestors in Mauritius. We’ll be more than happy to publish them on Pathirikai.com.
· A Register of Members, allow registered members to interact among themselves on any issue of common interest. It also allows us to keep you informed of any updates through an emailing service inherent in Pathirikai.com. Members can also post ‘petite-annonces’ of non-commercial nature while for commercial advertisement, we invite companies and entrepreneurs to get in touch with the Chief Editor.
· A Forum lets you initiate discussion on any topic, to which other registered and non-registered members can react. We reserve the right, however, to remove any discussion beyond the scope of Pathirikai.com. As a matter of fact we do not authorize discussion of political and racial nature.
· A Download section allows you to download documents of varying fields.
All these services are equally accessible on your mobile phone, so that you can read it anywhere, anytime. We thus hope that you’ll make the most of these services and give us your feedback so that we keep improving the services.