CENTRAL PROCUREMENT BOARD
The Central Procurement Board (CPB) is a body corporate set up under section 8 of the Public Procurement Act 2006 where one of its core functions is to approve the award of major contracts by public bodies. Bids are received, opened and evaluated at the CPB.
In line with the provision at section 10 of the Act, the Board intends to recruit Engineers, on a contract basis, in the following fields to assist in the discharge of its functions:
- Civil Engineering – Building, Roads Construction, Water/Wastewater
- Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering/IT System Administration
- to vet bidding documents & ensure conformity with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act 2006 and Regulations made thereunder;
- to assess evaluation reports;
- to produce technical reports;
- to assist the CPB in its functions; and
- to perform such cognate duties as may be assigned.
3. Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should be holders of at least a recognised degree in one of the above fields and have a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience.
- Candidate should also be well versed with Word, Excel and Project Management Software.
- Self motivated and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Able to manage own’s time.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions.
5. Salary and Benefits
- Negotiable Salary, in the range between Rs 36,500 and Rs 61.200 monthly.
- Car Benefit - The successful candidate will be entitled to duty remission for the purchase of a car up to 1500 cc or car allowance of Rs 3,750/- a month in lieu thereof (if owner of a car).
- Travelling Allowance - If owner of a car, the successful candidate will be paid a monthly allowance of Rs 10,200/- both for attending duty and for official travelling.
6. Mode of Application
Qualified candidates should submit their application in writing with a motivation covering letter and the envelope containing the application should bear the following wording on the top left hand corner “Post of .............. Engineer” and marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’.
7. CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Application addressed to:-
Central Procurement Board
1st Floor, Social Security House
Julius Nyerere Avenue
should reach the Central Procurement Board by 21 February, 2014 not later than 16 00 hours
8. The CPB reserves the right not to make any appointment pursuant to this advertisement. Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview.
Date: 21 January 2014 Central Procurement Board